The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) assesses the performance of volunteering institutions on set parameters through introspection and a process that provides space for participation of the institution. According to NAAC’s Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment & accreditation & quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. The minimum eligibility to apply for the process of Assesment and Accreditation(A&A) of NAAC is that the Higher Educational Institution must have at least two batches of student graduated, or been in existence for six years(whichever is early). However, we at PDUAM, Dalgaon have established an IQAC cell in 2017 on the very onset of the college. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system & work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement & sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication