It is hereby to inform that Sessional Examinations of B. Sc. II Semester for the Academic Session 2017 -18 should be conducted in 3rd week of March 2018 during the class period without affecting the normal class routine.
Guidelines for Sessional Examination
- The sessional examination will be of a duration of one hour for a paper of 20 marks, forty five minutes for a paper of 15 marks and thirty minutes for a paper of 10 marks respectively, and be conducted by the concerned teacher of each paper.
- The teacher(s) concerned will fix the exact date of the sessional examination in each paper. The setting of question paper, invigilation duty, evaluation of answer scripts for each paper will be done by the concerned teacher(s) as a part of his/her normal duty without hampering normal classes as far as practicable.
- After evaluation, the answer scripts shall be shown to the students and corrections regarding evaluation should be made, if any. After this, the answer scripts should be collected back from the students. The entire process of evaluation of the sessional examination should not take more than two weeks from the date of examination
- There is no provision for “betterment” in the sessional examination. If a student fails in an internal examination, s/he will be allowed to clear it in the next similar examination conducted by the college. If a student fails to appear in sessional examination for valid reason(s) supported by medical certificate or other authentic documents submitted to the college authority, then the teacher/college concerned shall allow the student to appear in a separate examination in a suitable date fixed by the respective teacher before the commencement of the end semester examination.
- If a paper is taught by more than one teacher then the concerned teachers will cooperate in conducting the internal evaluation.
Procedure for Internal Evaluation
The marks allotted for internal evaluation in each paper will be based on the following:
- Sessional Examination: 50% of the total internal marks of each paper. (Explanation: If internal mark of a subject is 20 then marks of sessional examination will be 10. The sessional examination may be conducted assigning any suitable marks i.e. 20, 40 etc. and calculate the ratio of marks)
- Home Assignment, Seminars, Group Discussion, class attendance above 75% or related work depending on the decision of the teachers/college concerned: 50% of the total internal marks of each paper.
(Explanation: If internal mark of a subject is 20 then marks of Home Assignment, Seminars, Group Discussion, class attendance above 75% or related work depending on the decision of the teachers/college concerned will be 10. In that case, maximum four marks be allotted for “class attendance” component based on the attendance in the class. For example, 1 mark for attendance from 76% to 80%, 2 marks for attendance from 81% to 85%, 3 marks for attendance from 86% to 90% and 4 marks for attendance from 91% to 100%.)
- Answer scripts of the internal examinations and internal evaluation marks shall be submitted to the Examination Cell, PDUAM, Dalgaon